Saliva DNA Collection Device
DNA•SAL™ is a revolutionary salivary DNA collection device used for the collection of DNA from saliva. The device abrades cells and saliva in the mouth via a series of serrated edges resulting in the accumulation of a mixture of oral fluids (saliva) and cells that are trapped in an array of voids on the plastic body of the DNA•SAL™ device. The DNA•SAL™ is removed from the mouth and held while a small quantity of a safe rinse solution is taken, “swished” around in the mouth for a few seconds, then transferred by spitting back into the original sample tube. The collection head of the DNA•SAL™ tool is then detached from the handle into the transport tube containing the sample and rinse solution then immediately processed or sent to a laboratory where pure DNA can be extracted using an extraction kit provided by nacgenX™ Diagnostics*.
*Note: A number of other [saliva] DNA extraction kits may be suitable for extraction purposes. Please contact nacgenX™ Diagnostics your local supplier for confirmation.
Instructions for DNA Sample Collection:
- Open buffer bottle containing the Stabilizing Rinse Solution and set on flat surface.
- Rake collection teeth on the inside of cheeks firmly for 30 seconds.
- Pour the contents of the bottle containing the Stabilizing Rinse Solution into the mouth and “swish” around the collection area for 15 seconds, DO NOT SWALLOW!!
- Expectorate [spit] the solution from the mouth back into the bottle.
- Hold the bottle in one hand, snap the handle of the DNA•SAL™ Salivary Collection Device back over as shown until the collection head drops into the bottle.
- Discard the handle and secure the lid of the bottle.
- Shake the bottle for 5 seconds to mix the buffer with the cellular sample.
- The sample is now ready for immediate processing or transportation to the laboratory for DNA isolation.